If it wasn’t my kid, I would laugh too
Actually, I did laugh. Even when the joke was on me.
Alia Alzougbi and Yamina Bakiri would like to invite you to a night of quirky comedy. It’s Nothing Personal will explore at least 1001 ways of stereotyping “the Middle East” In this magic carpet ride, we will address the following:
- Is west of the Middle East still east?
- What are the political and health benefits of olive oil?
- Is female emancipation down to shaving hair?
- Would the Big Bad Wolf discriminate on the basis of religion?
- Does it make sense to marry a brain surgeon when your father is diabetic?
- What do the Koran and The Communist Manifesto have in common?
Unfortunately the accuracy of the answers is not guaranteed with the ticket price (£5); as such, we cannot promise you an educative night, but you might just have a chuckle (or two). It’s Nothing Personal will take place on Thursday the 19th of June at 8:30pm in Goodenough College, London House Large Common Room, WC1N 2AB. All proceeds go to SOS children http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/children-charity.htm