Archive for February 2010
This is a response to Heather Gold’s Microsoft = Christian, Apple = Jews.
Judaism is really Linux:
- There’s 100s of commands, most users don’t know half of them and don’t understand half of those.
- Maintenance can keep you busy from the second you open your eyes until the second you close them again.
- It doesn’t do marketing. If you want to buy in, you need to convince us that you’re good enough.
- Every user and his sister have their own customised version.
- At the core, its text based. Have a question? RTFM.
- Ok, we’ll give you a friendly interface (Ubuntu / Reform).
- You won’t believe the bizarre ideas people still have about us (no, I don’t speak Yiddish, and I don’t compile my own kernel).
- The vendors suck, but you can always rely on the community.
- Everybody copies our code.
- Arrogant? no, we’re just better. But sush. Don’t want to upset anyone, do we?